Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity is looking for qualified candidates to Join our Habitat ReStore team as a part-time Cashier or Retail Sales Associate. Scheduling is flexible, the work is fun, and the positions are paid! Call or e-mail us today to get involved and help build homes, community, and hope in Vermont.
Habitat ReStore Associate
Location: 528 Essex Rd, Williston
Class of Employment: Full-time and Part-time available
Provides excellent customer service and ensures customers and donors have a safe, positive, and rewarding experience. Assist in merchandising and maintaining the sales floor, moving and loading donations, and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for making sure donations are cleaned and priced according to the price guide.
- Verify items are priced correctly. Adjust as needed under the direction of the ReStore Manager.
- Help keep the loading dock clear and clean, and in an orderly and safe condition.
- Make sure volunteers have an engaging experience.
- Assist with training individual volunteers and groups.
- Assist donors dropping off donations.
- Use good judgment to determine if the merchandise being donated is sellable.
- Help unload the truck and clean, price, and process merchandise
- Give tax sheet for persons donating items.
- High School diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Good communication skills
- Dependable, with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lift heavy items, stand, squat, bend and climb
Location: 528 Essex Rd, Williston, VT
Class of Employment: Part-time, hourly (2-3 days a week, weekends required)
Provide the highest of customer service while educating the public on the Habitat ReStores mission to end substandard housing in Chittenden County.
- Greet and thank customers
- Stay within sight of the front door and register at all times
- Answer customer questions
- Operate the Point of Sale cash register system
- Handle cash, credit card transactions
- Process tax-exempt purchases
- Gather email addresses for the e-newsletter
- Complete daily checklist for opening and closing store
- Previous cashier/cash handling experience, or the ability to learn.
- A positive attitude and good communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
To Apply for Either Position
Send a cover letter and resume to Jonathon Goldhammer, Habitat ReStore Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.